HALT for Good Mental Health

Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! 

2 Corinthians 13:5 ESV

Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,

1 Corinthians 6:19

As a believer in Jesus Christ, we are commanded to take care of our bodies. Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit lives in you.

Hunger: I suffer with major depression. Sometimes the reason I am depressed is because I need to eat. 

Anxious, or Angry: Sometimes I over think stuff. Sometimes I feel guilty when I have not done anything wrong. Sometimes I have unrealistic expectations for myself. Instead of focusing on the moment I worry about the future. Matthew 6:25 says; "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothes?”

Loneliness: know this you are not only one who has felt lonely, but being alone is a choice. Stay in touch with your people. We were design for fellowship. Try to get outside your comfort zone and meet new people. Every Friday night in Athens GA we have Celebrate Recovery at Living Hope Church. It's a great place to meet people who struggle with anything. Celebrate Recovery is a 12 step Christian program started by John Baker. No matter what your hurt, habit, of hang up is we are here to support you in your effort to recover. See
Deuteronomy 31:8

8, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”Jul 21, 2021
P.S. You're never truly alone. 

Tired: You can be physically and emotionally tired. We are responsible for getting proper rest. Poor rest can lead to poor Mental Health.  When I don't get proper rest, I stay tired and become depressed. Sometimes poor sleep can be caused by a medical condition. I have sleep apnea. Unless I use my CPAP I don't get the right kind of sleep. It's up to me to wear my machine to get the proper rest I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Better to Give than Receive

Jesus and the fall

Recovery it’s A Matter of Time ― by David McCannon