Suicide: A High Price to Pay

Don’t seek death through the error of your ways. Don’t invite destruction on yourself by what you do. - Wisdom 1:12 

Life is short. Let's not be hasty. Trying to die before your time brings suffering to you and the ones who loves you. It's not a way out of debt or hardship. You hardship falls on another. The act of suicide is final. You solved nothing. You pass your sorrows until others. It's not fair to cause others grief. You suicide could cause others to do the same. 

I might make you angry when I say this but I believe that my suicide attempt was a selfish act. It was all about me. How I could end my hurt, and my pain. I still struggle with depression, and at times I still desire death. You might say it's not my fault. You have a chemical imbalance. I would agree, but the problem is I still have control. The fact is I have a choice in the matter.

It's not that I don't have a heart. I do understand your pain. I might not have your same reason, or you might even be more disabled than me. It's not a contest of who feels worse, or better. It's about how we see our circumstances. Most people who feel suicidal don't want to die. They want the pain to stop.  

Most attempted suicides don't succeed. In fact you might even make matters worse.  The book of Revelations in the Bible says; "In those days people will seek death, but they won’t find it. They will want to die, but death will run away from them." - Revelation 9:6 I believe that we are living in the last days. I personally believe that this verse is true for me. I am afraid that I might appear to be in a yet vegetable state, yet my mind fully aware of what I have done. I would have to live out the consequences of my actions for the remainder of my days. That's my fear. I would do nothing but make matters worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Better to Give than Receive

Jesus and the fall

Recovery it’s A Matter of Time ― by David McCannon